ParamDrum is a fun and fast way to create unique sounding beats in Reaktor. It's based on three granular samplers with built in parameter automation and variable length and speed step sequencers. The value of a step gives the probability that the step will trigger as the sequence plays, creating endless variations.
00 Paramdrum 3 with Massive samples by peterdines
The third edition adds several carefully selected refinements.
- All recordable parameters are now mouse-automatable by clicking and dragging on the indicator, perfect for when you're stuck with a laptop but no MIDI controller.
- The GUI now matches Frame, Loupe and Mirage with a clearer layout that is easier on the eyes.
- Smooth and swing are now static parameters, making room for envelope decay and sample start as recordable parameters. Try modulating sample start with a melodic sample to build the foundation of a track right in ParamDrum.
- A "Max Vel" switch for each sampler allows full velocity for each step, so step value affects only probability.
- A virtual analogue "sub" kick unit has been added for layering a little extra earthquake with your sampled kicks.
ParamDrum TR Edition from Peter Dines on Vimeo.
(Yes, I know, the video features an older version - new screencast coming soon!)
ParamDrum 3 is a free upgrade for anyone who's already purchased a license and can be downloaded here.
If you don't already have ParamDrum, what are you waiting for? It's 15 bucks and you can get a license here:
Requirements: A computer capable of running Reaktor 5.5. ParamDrum is extremely CPU efficient and unless your computer was hewn from flint by neanderthals you should be more than fine. It takes 2.7% CPU on my 2009 3gHz iMac.
Mac users take note: I now recommend SimplyRar for unarchiving password prrotected RAR archives on OS X. Newer versions of The Unarchiver sometimes give error messages when dealing with password protected RAR files.